32 Lisgar Street, Toronto
Hours: 10am–6pm M-FCafé open weekdays at 7am, weekends at 8am
A new permanent home for Toronto's media arts organizations, and an accessible public space for art, creation and collaboration in the Queen West Triangle.
In the heart of Toronto’s Art and Design District, TMAC is creating a diverse and collaborative environment where everyone can engage meaningfully with art and technology. TMAC integrates creation, production, presentation, education, conservation and dissemination practices and with a focus on community building and inclusivity.
With year-round arts and cultural programming, open lab studios, equipment libraries, coworking and social areas, we provide the tools, space and freedom to play with art, media and new technologies–including film, videogames, audio, video, robotics, electronics and more.
Exhibitions & Festivals
Data Science / Science Fiction
Lunchtime Artist Talk: Franz Milec: September 18 • 12:00 pm
Data Science / Science Fiction Opening Reception: September 17 • 6:00 pm
Mezzanine Event Space
Bursting Bubbles Opening Reception: October 11 • 7:00 pm
Unbound: Stories from Behind the Dust
Unbound: Stories from Behind the Dust Opening Reception: September 27 • 6:00 pm
Lunchtime Artist Talk: Franz Milec
September 18 • 12:00 pm
TMAC grew out of grassroots community support and in response to a need for an accessible and affordable centre dedicated to media art and technology.
The idea for TMAC was first conceptualized in 2003, after almost 15 years of organizing. TMAC incorporated in 2011 and attained charitable status in 2013. Today, TMAC has organically grown into an integrated collaborative organization supporting its members, the West Queen West community, and all of Toronto’s media artists and artist-run centres.
In 2014, with the support of the local community, City staff, Active 18 and Councillor Ana Bailão, TMAC, Urbancorp and the City of Toronto finalized an agreement that would provide the Edge on Triangle Park condominium a density bonus in exchange for a turnkey, purpose-built, 38,000 sq. ft. facility for TMAC.
TMAC moved into its new facility in March 2018!
Make a donation today and immediately receive a charitable receipt through Canada Helps!
Our multi-purpose facility offers shared spaces and amenities including:
- Café serving coffee, pastries and lunch daily from 7 a.m.
- Community gathering and event spaces overlooking Lisgar Park
- Classrooms for public talks, workshops, screenings, festivals and events
- Meeting rooms seating up to 14
- Coworking spaces for film festival and studio staff
- Shared resource and equipment libraries
- A temperature-controlled film vault and archive
- Technical and production facilities
- Four public galleries and exhibition spaces
- A 210-seat theatre designed by renowned architect Peter Smith, for screening independent and experimental works – coming 2019
- Studio apartment for visiting artist residencies – coming 2019