Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and TMAC
The latest news and status regarding TMAC’s operations during the COVID-19 public health crisis.
- TMAC will be closed until further notice starting Monday, March 16.
- All events, exhibitions, meetings, workshops, receptions, tours and gatherings are canceled until further notice.
- Member offices: All member offices are now closed. Please contact CFMDC, CSV, DMG or Gamma Space directly for more information about members services and support during this time.
TMAC and our member organizations are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for everyone who uses the space for events, activities and work. To that end, we are closely monitoring advice regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) from the Toronto Public Health Agency, Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), the Government of Canada’s travel advisories, and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- We have stepped up measures with our cleaning service providers and are installing hospital-grade hand-sanitizing stations throughout our space and member org offices.
- We are actively disinfecting surfaces that commonly come into contact with hands throughout the day, including door handles, elevator buttons, table tops, faucets and banisters.
- We’ve posted signage througout the facility reminding visitors to wash their hands frequently and practice sneeze and cough etiquette.
A reminder about stigmatization
Another concern regarding COVID-19 is the stigmatization of specific populations and the rise of harmful stereotypes. As per the WHO, stigma occurs when people negatively associate an infectious disease, such as COVID-19, with a specific population. TMAC considers stigmatization and stereotyping to be a form of racist discrimination as described by our Code of Conduct, and as such all visitors must refrain from these behaviours or face immediate expulsion.
The above information will be reviewed regularly. This page will always contain the most up-to-date information about our protocols and response to COVID-19.