Projection Mapping - Light, Form & The Stage
12:00 PM— 5:00 PM
This hands-on course teaches students to customize graphical content (video, image) and then map this content on to physical 3D objects using Isadora.
CSV Workshop Space
This hands-on course teaches students to customize graphical content (video, image) and then map this content on to physical 3D objects using Isadora*. Students will have the opportunity to put these techniques to use by workshopping with assigned actors, playwrights, and other key players in the professional arts and theatre industry.
- Working knowledge of Isadora is a requirement to take this course. Successful completion of the “Projection Mapping for Artists 101” course will suffice.
See the work of past students that have taken this course here: http://projectionmappingworkshops.com/student-work
- Theory: best practices for digital augmentation in a physical world, projection art, principles of light, colour theory and interaction design.
- Learn the basics of GPU codecs ideal for multiple simultaneous playback in a real-time environment.
- Image/Video Production: make digital content your own through filters, compositing, special effects, editing, masking, keying.
- Projection Mapping & Interaction: map your own customized images and videos onto 3D surfaces, and develop manual & live input as actuators.
- Conceptual Development: learn to articulate and execute a raw idea from inception to a real-world exhibition.
- Industry Engagement: deliver an innovative and sustainable production in collaboration with industry partner.